Thursday 24 February 2011

Flip Side



I made this quilt as a surprise for friends who have a modern and stylish inner city apartment.  Their décor is mostly neutral with dark mushroom coloured carpet, and off white walls/fittings.  They have a fire engine red leather couch. 
So it was made with two sides – hence the name Flip Side.  The top in neutral colours (I just love the large spot fabric), and the back in red.

The red fabric was a nightmare in terms of the colour fastness.  I washed it over a dozen times, soaked it with salt, and another time with vinegar.  But the red dye still ran.  So I have advised that they never get the quilt wet - unless of course they want a pink quilt :)

I quilted it with an allover feather design with the feathers curling in one direction, and more straight in the opposite direction.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful quilt Desley. Kaoru absolutely loves it!

    ReplyDelete