Monday 14 March 2011

Cherry Chocolate

I finished this quilt last year.

I traced the quilting designs, and marked the straight lines onto the top before loading it. I found this rather tedious, but it made the quilting job easier.

It won the Matilda’s Own Excellence in Long Arm Quilting award at the 2010 Vic Quilters Show, which I was over the moon about.   






PS: I had dramas with one of the red fabrics running when I wet it to get rid of the blue water erasable pen.  For the details click here.

7 comments:

  1. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I LOVE it! It's so nice! Congratulations!
    It's so nice to find other quilters from the other side of the world!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Desley, your work is beautiful, God bless your hands, I hope learn how make a perfect quilt, like you, sorry I don't speak English only I understand a few words.
    Saludos desde Costa Rica
    Iveth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desley, your quilting is ridiculously beautiful! I peruse your blog so often. Thanks for sharing your gift with the rest of us who love to drool over your quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desley, do you have any images of what a quilt like the one above (with special quilting) looks like after it's washed? I've often wondered ...
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete