Sunday 6 March 2011

This Weekend

This is what I continued working on over the weekend.   I am making it as a gift, so these are not really the colours that I would normally choose to work with.  Because of this, I am finding it a bit of a challenge, but I am just starting to think it will turn out ok.  I think the person I am making it for will like it, so that is what matters.

I originally had three inch sashing around the centre blocks, so the dark blue was one inch thick.  This overwhelmed the star blocks, so a lot of unpicking later, I trimmed the dark blue on either side of the light blue back to half an inch to make two inch sashing, and it looked a lot more balanced.

It still needs an outer border, and I was thinking of a piano key border in both red and blue. By the way, the quilt was photgraphed on a red patterned rug, and the light blue border is the current edge of the quilt - although the rug doesn't look too bad as a border :)


No comments:

Post a Comment