This is Bronwyn’s challenge quilt. The challenge was to use the brown/tan fabric in a quilt (it was all one fabric that graduated from light to dark). Bronwyn decided that instead of using this fabric as one of many, that it would be the primary fabric. To achieve this, she had to obtain as many pieces as possible of the challenge fabric from members of the group.
Bronwyn asked me to quilt something special in the cream setting triangles, and she requested a high contrast thread. She decided on an allover leaf and swirl pattern in the centre, and a simple leaf design in the border.
I used the patterns in the challenge fabric to inspire the quilting design I created for the setting triangles. I will discuss how I did this in more detail in my next post.
And the back.
Visit Sarah's Blog to see what other quilts have been working on this week.