As my regular readers would know, a large part of last year was spent in upheaval as an upstairs extension was put onto our house. In the final few weeks of the project I fell and broke and dislocated my ankle requiring eight nights in hospital, an operation, eight weeks in a cast, six weeks full time in a boot, then six weeks part time in the boot. I am now walking with only a small limp, but as there was a lot of ligament damage it is a slow recovery process.
Luckily the extension was almost finished when I had my accident, but there were still a number of things still to be done. So whilst lying in a hospital bed, I was rescheduling tradesmen.
This picture was taken early September, just before my accident.
This picture was taken in late November after we had moved into the new space.
Note the windows downstairs have been replaced - it made a huge difference to the overall appearance of the house once we did this.
This is a picture of the house before the extension – it is hard to believe it is the same house.