Friday 1 November 2013

Crazy Anne



The quilt was made by Chris Serong in gorgeous reproduction fabrics on a striking yellow background.  She is teaching this quilt at the Australasian Quilt Convention next year.

 
This was the quilt on the machine when I broke my ankle last year.  I was in the hospital on the phone to my sister explaining to her how to take it off as I didn’t want it on the machine unsupervised as the last of the renovations were going on.
 
Luckily Chris was patient as it didn’t get back on the machine for several months as I needed to stand to do the ruler work.


I wanted to make the quilting on the border interesting and broke it into two areas mirroring the shape around the stars blocks.



I had a lot of trouble deciding what to quilt around the stars.  I tried quilting feathers but they didn’t look right so I unpicked them.  I was a lot happier with the straight lines echoing the piecing.


Chris entered in into the Sydney Quilt Show and it was lovely to see it bound and hanging.





19 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Love it. I especially like the soft yellow she used in the border. I think yellow is a colour that should be used more.often
    .Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is stunning! I love how your quilt turned out and how you blog so many gorgeous machine quilting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really finished this quilt off beautifully! The border is stunning and just looks amazing when you see it hung as it is displayed at the show. Your talent knows no boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Desley ! Thanks so much for continuing to inspire with your beautiful work. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't stop admiring your fabulous quilting! And this quilt itself is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! Great design choices, Desley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the straight lines echoed around the pieced stars are perfect on this quilt, and I really love how you did the borders on this as well. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing. I can't see any backtracking on the straight lines on the border

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome looking website. I recently built mine and I was looking for some design ideas and you gave me a few. May I ask you whether you developed the website by youself?

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beyond Lovely to see this quilt! Thank you for sharing the wonderful Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Desley. Love your beautiful work, the contrast in linear lines and soft curves are so striking on this quilt. There is just so much to look at! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilting brings this quilt to a high level. Excellent job. I really love the quilting on the corners of the borders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning quilting as always. I really like the movement you gave the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely as always!
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful is all I can say!!

    ReplyDelete