Tuesday 5 June 2018

Taking a Sabbatical

For fifteen years I have been running my long arm quilting business Addicted To Quilts - meeting and working with many wonderful quilters.

After a great deal of thought I will be taking a sabbatical.  This is exciting and a little bit scary.  I plan to work on my own quilts and to spend time with my family - maybe even do more blog posts......... 

Of course I will be completing all exiting bookings which will take me into next year.  If you have a booking, please contact me in the usual way.

I plan to start up my business again in 2020.  I really love my work and can't imagine not coming back to it.  At the same time, I am looking forward to taking a break and having time for other things as well.

If you would like to be included on an email list for me to notify you when I open bookings again, please visit my web site - Addicted To Quilts for a link to my email address.

Thank you to my customers who I have been lucky to meet and quilt for, your support is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and here is the obligatory picture of a quilt :)






3 comments:

  1. I hope you will still be blogging about those projects of your own -- I will miss the inspiration otherwise! Glad you're taking the time you need to feed your own creative spirit. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Desley, was sad to read that you wont' be quilting for a while we will miss your work it is like looking at beautiful pieces of art? I was thinking about you the last couple of days so looked you up as Esther was looking for some one to quilt her quilts for her and I thought of you straight away? It is 10 years since she started her group and i'm still on moderating her beautiful designs? I wish you lots of extra fun and laughter with your family and do hope to see you back behind your LA again? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete