Sunday 2 May 2021

Harlequin Stars

This gorgeous quilt was made by Karen.  The pattern is Harlequin Stars by Emma Jean Jansen.  I have this pattern myself, and it is on my (very long) to do one day list.

I love the fabrics that Karen chose, and the way she has incorporated the striped fabrics.

Karen chose to have my freehand allover feather plume pattern.  I love how it gives texture and you can see the feathers in the white around the stars.  But at the same time it doesn't overpower the piecing.


The back was a vibrant green, and you can see the quilting with the white thread.


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and I can see why you want to make it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! The feather plumes look wonderful on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty quilt and the feathers are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a striking quilt! Love the flying geese sashing.

    ReplyDelete