Thursday 6 May 2021

Mini Red Stars

Last year I asked my brother what colours he would like if I made him a new quilt (he has several of course).  He said red, white, and black.  And then he also asked for white quilting on the black fabric which was a rather specific request.

This was the result.

As you can see I did do white quilting on the black fabric with a big freehand bubble like design.  I did the same design on the patterned fabrics in a red thread which is more subtle.  I also pebbled the background of the little stars.

This is the top before quilting.  The black areas looks boring without the white quilting.

I am not sure who the designer is.  I was in Brisbane in 2019 with a friend and went to a small local quilt show.  This quilt was hanging and I took a photo.  I thought I would recreate it, and just assumed they were four inch blocks.  After making around 250 of the mini stars and starting to piece the blocks into rows I realised it was going to be ridiculously large.  So I chopped off four rows on each side.  This simplified the design, but I still think it looks good.

My brother loved his new quilt and I think his foster cat does too.



3 comments:

  1. Hi, this pattern is from
    http://www.joscountryjunction.com/
    She has some great quilts on her blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white thread quilting on the black!! I quilted one of these quilts for a client, its called On The Bright Side and was a quilt along on All People Quilt. It was also in the Feb 2018 American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful..... The white quilting looks good too

    ReplyDelete