Wednesday 15 February 2012

In The Pink

This gorgeous quilt belongs to Jan.  It is Esther Aliu’s design - In The Pink.  You can view pictures of Esther’s version of the quilt here.


Jan used similar fabrics, and gave me artistic freedom with the quilting.  I wanted to quilt it heavily like Esther did with hers, but at the same time, I wanted it to be unique.


I wanted the quilting to be a feature on the floral fabric border because, to me, this border framed the centre appliqué.  So I decided to do a combination of curved cross hatching and feathers.  I think it looks really elegant.



The background quilting of combining pebbles, swirls and peacock feathers around the appliqué was inspired by Judi at Green Fairy Quilts on a quilt she posted in December last year.


 
I have linked to Esther’s Blog for her WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays.



20 comments:

  1. breathtakingly gorgeous quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilting designs Desley, I think I would want to keep that one?

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is beautiful and so is your work. So much inspiration to be had here. I hope to make this quilt one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. Nice that you gave credit to the designers and where some of your inspiration came from.
    Do you use curved rulers for your curved cross hatching?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word it is SPECTACULAR you did an outstanding job on the quilting. I only wish you lived close to me. I want you to do my HD quilt. Bravo you are a wonderful artist with a needle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW your quilting takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect blend of quilting designs that allow the applique to shine. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goshhhhhhhhhh how beautiful is that. I'm sure when Jan opens this she will burst in to tears. What an amazing combination, Esther's design, Jan's sewing, and your quilting!!!!! Just spectacular as Bunny has said. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whenever I need some eye candy I head over to your blog and get my fill. Another truly gorgeous quilt and spectacular quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is Beautiful Desley.
    A wonderful canvas to work on and the freedom to 'do your thing'...awesome. Cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wonderful job! It makes this quilt a lovely keepsake for someone to pass along. great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilting is stunning - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've outdone yourself this time Desley! I am speechless (and that doesn't happen very often)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful piece of art! One just wants to keep staring at it to see all the design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt. Love the quilting too. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of my favourite quilts and you have quilted it beautifully. I'm sure Jan will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilting is stunning! The quilt really sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! beautiful! What kind of batting did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Breathtaking......simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete