Wednesday 29 February 2012

Butterfly Quilt

This is a round robin quilt brought to me by Jo.  I like how each of the butterflies are different, and how they have been brought together in the quilt with the flying geese.



The round robin group that Jo is a member of have been together for thirteen years.  This round, to be different, instead of the quilt owner putting together the blocks, each person was appointed a ‘construction manager’ who was assigned this task.

Heather was assigned as construction manger for Jo, and she did a great job putting together her butterfly blocks.

Jo was the construction manager for Judy’s quilt that I quilted last year and you can have a look at it here.





I have linked to Esther’s Blog for her WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays.

10 comments:

  1. You are so fortunate to have such talented quilters in your area. I am always amazed at the beautiful quilts that you get to quilt on. Looking at your blog is like going to a big quilt show. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Desley - the butterflies look like they're about to flutter right off the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt - so different

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness those butterflies are so realistic, I thought they were 3D at first and added after the quilt was made. Both quilts are stunning and so very very different. Your quilting as usual is art in it self and I love to look up close at your designs. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you get some of the greatest tops to quilt...I think these butterflies look so real...are they dimensional? I biggie sized the photos but I still can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desley, You never disappoint!! The quilting is beautiful and the butterflies just POP!
    A little secret..the butterflies 'north' of the flying geese are from the Northern Hemisphere and the butterflies 'south' of the flying geese are from the Southern Hemisphere. Heather is very clever!!
    Yes, we have started the next RR. I should book my quilt in NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those butterfly's do look like they ready to fly right off that quilt. I also love the way you quilted the grass. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, the quilting is fabulous because you are a fabulous quilter. However, that set is so unique and so delightful. Love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt the breeze from the butterflies wings!All the way over here in little New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those butterflies look 3D!

    ReplyDelete