Wednesday 18 May 2011

Binding done on Autumn Flowers

I have shown plenty of close ups of the quilting on this quilt, when I first quilted it. (for more pictures click here).  It was a while ago, and I have finally finished the binding.

A blog that I follow regularly is Kathy’s – TamarackShack.  Kathy lives in Canada beside a lake.  One of the things I like about Kathy’s blog (besides the beautiful quilts), is that she takes stunning photos of the quilts outdoors, showcasing the quilt’s beauty along with the beauty of nature.

I live in Melbourne, and I don’t live in such beautiful surrounds.  My house is on a smallish block of land, on a quiet suburban street with lots of houses all around me.  But inspired by Kathy I decided to take a photo of Autumn Flowers a little differently than my usual “flat on the floor” pictures.

As it was raining, I couldn’t go outside.  I took this photo looking out of my front window.  You can see my elm tree, a small part of my magnolia tree, the street and the house across the road.


Melbourne weather has become very cold over the last couple of weeks even though it is still autumn.  I took this photo a couple of weeks ago walking through the Carlton gardens next to the Exhibition Building.



6 comments:

  1. I have spent the better part of this morning reading your blog - you are one talented lady! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Desley - and I love the quilt...hope you are also going to take a photo of it in total :) or - have you already and I am silly-billy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out your link to this quilt, love the border treatment!! I am also admiring all the green outside your window, our trees are just starting to bud but no green yet.
    You can't beat outdoor lighting, it is the best way to see the quilting on a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing pictures of where others live! I seem to have a preconceived idea of what a certain part of the world looks like and am always amazed at how wrong I can be.
    (like: what you don't have Kangaroos in your front yard???)
    Actually, your street could be my street. I'm finding through blogging it really is a small world after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are on day 4 of perpetual spring (or so they call it?!?) drizzle, with several more on the way. I finally broke down and took pictures of recent quilts on my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea to take pics in more of setting instead of just the floor. I need to try that too, but the floor will probably still me me "go to." :-)

    Your photos are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete