Monday 30 May 2011

Simple Design, But Oh So Effective

I have been really busy lately with quilting as well as personal and family commitments.  But I have a couple of quilts I’ve completed recently to show you once I organise the photos.

I have updated the Customer Quilts page - click the link on the navigation bar at the top of this page to have a peek.  I have also changed some of the quilt photos on the side of the page – please click them if you want to see more pictures of that quilt.

The fabrics Marion chose for her quilt are not normally fabrics that I am drawn to, but I just love this quilt.  I think it is such a simple but effective design; plus the fabrics themselves and how Marion has placed them looks stunning.


Marion wanted to keep the quilting really simple, so we chose an open loop pattern that doesn’t distract from her fabrics, and gives a lovely soft finish.

 
Last Friday night Paul and I went to see the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra do Symphonic Abba at the Melbourne Town Hall.  It was a great night, and the vocal ensemble – Rajaton were really good.  I love the ceiling at the Town Hall and couldn’t resist taking a photo.


2 comments:

  1. That is a very cool ceiling!
    I agree, simple quilting is great on quilts where the fabric is the main focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the quilting you did is perfect. Simple and perfect. Love the design!!

    What a gorgeous ceiling!!

    ReplyDelete