Friday 28 October 2011

Some Chocolate Quilts – Bloggers’ Quilt Festival

I haven’t been doing much sewing for myself over the last six months so I don’t have anything new to show for the Blogger’ Quilt Festival.  Instead I thought I would show some of my favourite Chocolate Quilts.

If you asked me what my favourite colour was, I would say purple.  However, when I started quilt making, I was immediately drawn to brown fabrics.

Initially as a joke, I began numbering my brown quilts as part of a ‘Chocolate Series’.  After the first few, I went a step further and started to incorporate the word Chocolate into the quilt name.

Clicking on the pictures in this post will take you to the original post for more details.

The first quilt pictured is called Illumination – Number 3 in the Chocolate Series.  This quilt pushed me out of my comfort zone and I was happy with the overall effect.


The second quilt pictured is called Chocolate Overdose – Number 4 in the Chocolate Series.  I called the quilt Chocolate Overdose as I felt there was a little too much of the plain brown fabric in it.

 
The third quilt pictured is called Cherry Chocolate – Number 6 in the Chocolate Series.  I love reproduction fabrics, and this quilt will always be special to me, although it did have its dramas – click here to read about what happened when I blocked it.


The final quilt pictured is called Ruled By Chocolate – Number 7 in the Chocolate Series.  Whilst simply pieced, this quilt was quilted intricately with a combination of ruler, stencil and freehand techniques.


I hope you enjoyed my Bloggers’ Quilt Festival post and a little peek at some of my Chocolate Quilts.  Please visit Amy's Bloggers' Quilt Festival to see the other beautiful quilts on display.

21 comments:

  1. Your works are beautiful, congratulations:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is just amazing!
    Beautifully done! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Chocolate and quilts, how can you go wrong.
    #7 reminds me of Welsh and Quaker strippy quilts. Simply amazing.
    Come see my entries: #29 miniature reproduction quilt and #31 antique 1850 Star quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Greetings again from Finland! These quilts are so FANTASTIC! I am speechless!!! I am so happy to I found your blog! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! After seeing number 7, 6 and 4, I really really want to see 1, 2, 3 and 5! All are just stunning - what a gift you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Desley, You've put on a show all of your own...everything you do is fabulous!

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bottom one is my favourite quilt........

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful collection of quilts. They are all so beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness! Those are all beautiful and your quilting is exquisite! That cherry chocolate has to be one of the most gorgeous quilts i've ever seen. Thabks so much for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Chocolate series of quilts is exquisite! They are so different in the appearance of patterns and fabrics, but they are tied together by the brown colors. I hope you keep going with some more for next festival.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for showing us your chocolates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one of the best free hand-quilters I have seen, Absolutely Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just freaking awesome. All are beautiful. The last quilt is gorgeous. Oh my, how very beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them all - could drool over your quilting all day long! The Ruled by Chocolate is my current fave!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilting on that last quilt is breathtaking. Great job!!And what a fun idea to name your quilts with a chocolate theme -- who doesn't like chocolate?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely quilting! I too am drawn to browns but my fav color is purple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilts! The third one is my favorite!

    Rachel @ TheSingingSparrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That quilting in the last photo is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing your quilts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilts are stunning! The quilting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in awe of the quilting of course! Chocolate + quilting and great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the quilts...but that Chocolate Cherry is my favorite...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete