Sunday 21 April 2013

Warburton Trail - Lilydale to Mount Evelyn



The Warburton Trail is just under 40kms and follows a former rail line between Lilydale and Warburton.  Of course I am not up to the whole 40kms in one day, but did want to increase the distance I could push my ankle on a well maintained path.

So yesterday we decided to walk from Lilydale to Mount Evelyn and back, which had we completed the whole distance would have been over 13km.  As you can see I took a short cut at the end which reduced the walk a little.


The walk to Mount Evelyn was at a slight uphill gradient the whole way.




Mount Evelyn township was lovely with a number of cafes to choose from.  We had a delicious lunch at a café called Heart and Soul.



The walk back to Lilydale was slightly downhill all the way.  Normally I would find this easier, but with my ankle injury downhill is more difficult.  So towards the end it was hurting quite a bit, which is why I opted for the shortcut along Maroondah Hwy. I am pleased to say that after icing it last night, today it is a lot better.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful trail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful trail to walk and the cafe is totally a storybook picture! Glad the ankle was better! Hugs, Doreen

    ReplyDelete