Friday 1 June 2018

Checkered Stars




This is a quilt I completed a few years back.  The top was completed in 2011.  I started quilting it in 2012, got around 80% of it done, and then had to take it off the machine to work on customer’s quilts.  It took another two years before it got loaded again so get the last bit done.



I quilted it heavily with a combination of straight and curved lines and of course feathers. 



I entered it into Showcase - which is the main show for my state of Victoria in 2015, and was thrilled that it won first in its category.



2 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised to see a ribbon on this one. Incredibly beautiful quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could quilt feathers half as beautiful as yours, I would quilt them on EVERYTHING, ALL DAY LONG! And I do mean everything... Poor husband would be complaining about very hot, quilted boxer shorts covered in gorgeous feathers... ;-) That quilt is a stunner, Desley!

    ReplyDelete