Wednesday 9 November 2011

Medallion Quilt in Liberty Fabrics

Lisa made this pretty and feminine quilt in Liberty fabrics from a pattern by Judy Newman.



Kathy, of Tamarack Shack had pictured on her blog a feather motif that incorporated hearts that I really liked, and I used this as inspiration for the feather design I quilted around the centre appliqué motif.  To see the blog post with the quilting motif I used as inspiration, click here.


I am so glad Lisa chose a plain back so all the quilting shows beautifully.


Pop over to Esther's Blog to see what other people are working on with her WIP Wednesdays.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting as usual Desley, what a nice compliment for those amazing Liberty prints

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting Desley...that's the same medallion as my Drunkards Path quilt.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh why cannot we have more days in a week, this is one quilt I'd have on my list to do. Your quilting is stunning as usual Desley and those hearts are very very special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt design and the fabrics used in the top. Your quilting looks lovely - a wonderful choice for this top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember seeing that border on Kathy's blog too. I even put it in my quilt design sketch book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours in this quilt as well as just the back! Your choice of quilting is beautiful on this quilt, especially the hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how lovely quilting work Desley! You are a gorgeous free motion quilter :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Que maravilla de quilt, el acolchado es espectacular!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you tired of me repeating myself? Beautiful quilt and quilting Desley, you really do a marvellous job on the quilts you work with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous quilt and quilting!!!!! Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, No other word can describe the quilt or the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this!! tried to find it to buy when i saw it on google images

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello
    I am new to quilting.. still at the sewing part of the quilts. fallen in love with quilts. I m in South Africa and I would love to follow your quilting techniques..
    thanks

    ReplyDelete