Friday 20 January 2012

A Little Sewing Time for Me

I have had a little time to work on my own sewing projects and have definitely not wasted it.  My sewing corner has been a hive of activity.  


I had been wanting for a long time to make another Giant Dahlia in reproduction fabrics using Michelle Yeo’s templates.  Kathy is going to make one too, (in very different fabrics) and will likely start any day now.

I was thinking that the way I was procrastinating she would have hers all sewn up before I even started - this was enough to prompt me to get going on the project. (Thanks Kathy, it is nice to have a sewing buddy to keep you on track).

So on Wednesday I got it cut out.  Last night I started sewing, and I will continue working on it today.  What fun!

2 comments:

  1. So your competitive by nature, good to know!
    You're way ahead of me now...I'm still struggling with which fabrics go where. But once I get that decision made I hope to catch up. Remember it is still Thursday here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your progress on this - I'm sure it's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete