Wednesday 25 January 2012

Waverley Patchworkers Raffle Quilt

I had the honour to be asked to quilt the WaverleyPatchworkers Raffle Quilt which I completed last year.  I am only just now able to show the photos.

The design is by Michelle Hill, and it was completed by a group of talented ladies from Waverley Patchworkers who volunteered their time to make it.

It will be raffled at the Waverley Patchworkers Show – 25th to 27th of May at the Waverley Community Centre.

It was an absolute pleasure to quilt.  I combined McTavishing with feathers in the centre, and I alternated double lines with single ones in the border to make it a bit more special. 
 
I know I will be buying lots of tickets this year in the hopes of winning it.





I have linked to Esther’s Blog for her WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays.

18 comments:

  1. An absolute masterpiece!!! Beautiful!!!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a magical job on a very pretty quilt.I would be buying many tickets too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real stunner. What a thrill to quilt it and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Desley, you've weaved your magic over this beauty. I'd be buying a whole book of tickets, I think this is the nicest Michelle Hill quilt I've seen. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt! Can you tell us if the patterns are available or the name of the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, that is just GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Beautiful quilt and quilting alike.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is gorgeous and your quilting makes it amazing. I'm sure they will sell a ton of tickets for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning....a beautiful quilt and amazing quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The combination of McTavishing and feathers is gorgeous on this quilt! Hope you win it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it´s a great quilt and your quilting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous quilt enhanced by your fabulous quilting. What eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeus quilt and quilting alike! You done a very great job! Congrats! A hug!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Quilt! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beautiful quilt and as aways you did a fantastic job on the quilting!!! I do have a question? Are the flowers applique?

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! You took a gorgeous quilt and made it absolutely spectacular! Just love it!!!! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilting is just to perfect!!! Who ever wins this quilt is LUCKY !

    ReplyDelete